MENTAL HEALTH: COVID19 ANXIETY AND STRESS
COUNSELLING SUPPORT SESSIONS TO BE OFFERED VIA PHONE
Here at Langley Community Service Society, we understand this is a challenging and unprecedented time, and perhaps you or someone you know may be experiencing some uncertainty or anxiety.
As a result, we are providing telephone-based support, to help those experiencing stress and anxiety due to COVID-19 and the varying stressors it has placed on everyone in our community.
The service will be available Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
How it works:
- Anyone can call our general line: 604-534-7921.
- The call will be answered by our reception, or you can leave a message with your name & phone number
- Your information will be provided to our trained staff and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- If you are in crisis, please call the Fraser Health Crisis Line: 1.877.820.7444
March 19, 2020
To our community;
With the Covid-19 pandemic in mind, we have made the decision to cancel our programs and services that involve group participation, and limit face to face interactions. Please note the following services are closed until further notice, Effective Thursday March 19th the following changes have been made to LCSS services until further notice:
- Child Care Resource & Referral office is closed for face to face client services. Online and phone assistance still provided. Outreach and home support services cancelled.
- Community Counselling services closed for face to face counselling. Providing phone support only to those in urgent need.
- Substance Use Services all groups cancelled, counselling sessions provided by phone only unless it is deemed high urgency or there is no access to a phone.
- Family Success face-to-face counselling cancelled, providing phone support only to those in urgent need.
- Family Connections outreach cancelled and face-to-face service is on an urgent basis and regular appointments via phone and video.
- Intensive Case Management (ICM) is running regular business hours.
As this situation remains fluid and ever changing, we will continue to update our community as things unfold. Our role in the community is to deliver human services, we aim to continue our mission while protecting clients, staff and volunteers.
Please see the following websites for information on how to protect yourselves and your families.
Office of the Provincial Health Officer
BC Centre for Disease Control – COVID-19
HealthLink BC (which contains many links to other useful websites)
Public Health Agency of Canada
Executive Director of Langley Community Services Society