Langley Community Services Society has launched a FULLY FUNDED program for youth – Intercultural Supports for Student Learning Program (ISSLP), in partnership with PICS.
Program:ISSLP is a 6-week program that meets the unique needs of diverse youth population toreturn to school,complete high school,upgrade high school credentials, and/or enter into post-secondary education or skills training to continue their studies and prepare for future success. First cohort is starting on September 26, 2022
· Youth ages 15-30
· Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents or Protected Refugees
·Residents of Surrey, Langley and Delta
Locations:ISSLP will cater to the youth ofSurrey, Delta and Langley.At Langley location, our youth clients will be served at the Langley Community Services Society Welcome Centre.
What youth clients will be getting out of this program: 6-week program includes the followingcertifications, trainings and services:
· Digital Literacy (Workplace Computer Skills Training – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Email and Telephone Etiquette Training
· Digital Media and Social Media Marketing Training
· Short-term Occupational Certifications – OFA Level 1, WHMIS, Food Safe 1, Super Host and Serving it Right
· Employment Skills and Personality Development trainings – Resume, Cover Letter and Interview skills, Diversity and Inclusion Training, Conflict Resolution, Networking Skills, Self-image & Self-Esteem training, Motivation and Goal-setting training etc.
· Individualized and customized action plan
·Follow up and other required Wrap Around services
Program Benefits for clients:
Adaptive technology support and other disability-related supports for persons with disabilities
Other supports in terms of textbooks, school supplies, work clothes or so on
We acknowledge that our work takes place on the traditional and unceded lands of the Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. As well, we acknowledge the Inuit and Metis Nations peoples who live and work on these lands.